Roundism - 20-08-20

 

 

Roundism - 20-08-20

I didn't need to add much to the reference picture, only abstract the bodyscape some more. It looked surreal to begin with so I exaggerated the curve of her arm and let it flow into the round movement of the shoulder part, as some kind of natural continuation. The circle behind her back is a compostionary element called 'invertion' and serves as a counterbalance and guidance for the spectator to follow the bodyscape to the bottom of the page.

Within the positive form of the body I put it some circular structures, almost looking 'bloated', creating conical mass after the fine paintings by Tamara de Lempicka. She is and always will be a great inspirational source.

Click here if you want to read further on my website, where I explain my process of dissociation and association.

Click here if you want to download a printable (downloadable hi-res image you can print and frame).


 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Roundism - 21-11-14

An introduction to my art

Roundism - 07-08-20