Voorlinden - 03-05-20

 

 

Voorlinden - 03-05-20

Sometimes you come across a landscape, in fact an estate in this particular case, you want to know about a lot more. Estate 'Voorlinden' at Wassenaar, Netherlands, just above The Hague, is such a fine example. I drew it back in 2013 where I saw it at a distance and enchanted by this big mansion that looked like as if inspector Morse is just about to solve a murder case in the library.

Later I found out that the mansion in fact was modelled after an English country house and that was when I visited it for the first time. It appeared it was opened for public: both the mansion where a lovely restaurant is at, the surrounding area and of course the present Museum Voorlinden, one of my favorite as to contemporary art in the Haaglanden area. If you are in the neighborhood, I strongly advise to visit the estate.

I once in a while dwell through the woods at the estate that show a bit of elevation towards the dunes, reminding me to my birthground in Nijmegen. At the highest dunes you can see the oil tankes at the North Sea that almost seem to float on top of the pines at Meyendel, a beautiful park between Voorlinden and the sea.

This pastel i did not make at Voorlinden, due to Corona times but I drew it later in my home based on a picture I took. The main goal was to make a pastel drawing within 2.5 hours (a normal session duration for me). This is the result.

You can click here to read further on my website.

If you like the pastel, you can download a printable (hi-res picture) that you can print out and frame. Only for € 3.99


Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

The Peace Pace at The Hague – 04-02-19

An introduction to my art