Sans titre - 06-10-16



Sans titre - 06-10-16

Natalie Wood, once one of Hollywood's finest actresses and known for her role as Maria in The West Side Story, rendered in blacks and reds and part of my Sans titre series. I liked to avoid using the name of the person it represents because a) it is like trying to explain a good joke (you understand it or not) and b) I like people to enjoy the drawing for what it is: a beautiful composition of carefully selected plains with tonal rhythym and color relations. The ressemblance is great to have but art moves behond that point.

Next to these principles I tried to create a balance between saturated (red) and unsaturated colors (black, white) just like great expressionists would do. I hope you like it too.

If you like you can read more here on my website.

Click here if you want to download a printable for only € 3.99.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Voorlinden - 03-05-20

The Peace Pace at The Hague – 04-02-19

An introduction to my art