Mill 'De Vlieger' - 09-06-14

 

 Mill 'De Vlieger' - 09-06-14 

There is this little corner of unspoiled beauty in the midst of Leidschendam-Voorburg, where an old mill is situated with some carefully groomed countryside surrounding it. It is De Vliegermolen (Mill 'De Vlieger'). I once in a while go there by bike on my way to Brugman Art where I teach. 

Back in 2014 I decided to do a pastel of this mill after Mondriaan's  Mill at Sunlight. I did not go easy on the orange/blue complementary contrast scheme so it turned out to become a quite hefty pastel. Luckily for me I sold it at August 11th 2020 to a German collector through Singulart.com

If you like to read further, please visit this link to my website.

If you like it, you can download a printable (hi-res framable picture) for only € 3.99.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Voorlinden - 03-05-20

The Peace Pace at The Hague – 04-02-19

An introduction to my art