Sans titre - 17-01-15



Sans titre - 17-01-15

Today I sold this drawing, part of my Sans Titre series. I  called all movie star portraits as such in order to have people avoid comparing the ressemblance to original photos first, instead of enjoying the cubistic and roundistic features.

This drawing show my love for light ans shadow play, also called clairobscur. In fact it is the main principle I build my art on. The cubist style came later. I found out I had to reject Pablo Picasso's multi-perspectivism which could be a better description for his initial first wave cubism. Cubism only was a name given by an art critic in a newspaper, I thought. Anyway, my sort of cubism is about combining cubistic elements, realism and atmospheric depth. In fact, it is only a kind of cubist styling I am trying to convey. The style later evolved into 'Roundism'.



This one by the way is American moviestar Loretta Young and I sold it on August 3rd 2020 to a Swiss collector through Singulart.com


Graphite pencil drawing (Sakura 0.5 mm, 3B) on Canson Bristol paper (21 x 29.7 x 0.1 cm - A4 format)

Artist: Corné Akkers




Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Voorlinden - 03-05-20

The Peace Pace at The Hague – 04-02-19

An introduction to my art